Galaxy Sugar Cookies
We love stargazing on a clear, spooky starry night. These Galaxy Sugar Cookies are Werewolves, Witches, and Zombies approved! Swirl together Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya, Blue Butterfly Pea, and Activated Charcoal Coconut Supercolor Powders to get the right amount of frightfully fun coloring to impress your ghoulish guests!
Created by the adorable three bunnies. Check out their Instagram @3.bunnies for more delicious vegan recipes!
½ cup of vegan butter
¾ cup of turbinado sugar
1 ¼ tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of Suncore Foods® Quinoa Flakes
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 tsp of baking powder
⅛ cup of almond milk
2 cups of powdered sugar
2 tbs of filtered water
½ tsp of Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Supercolor Powder
1 tsp of Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Supercolor Powder
1 tsp of Suncore Foods® Activated Charcoal Coconut Supercolor Powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl whisk together butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
2. Next mix in quinoa flakes, flour, baking powder, and milk. Knead well to form dough. Roll dough out onto a floured surface and cut cookies.
3. Place cookies onto a greased baking sheet and bake in oven for 12-15 minutes.
4. In four separate bowls create each color as the following:
Blue: 3/4 cup powdered sugar + 1/2 tsp of butterfly pea powder + 1 tsp of water
White: 1/2 cup of powdered sugar + 1 tsp of water
Pink: 1/4 cup of powdered sugar + 1 tsp of water + 1 tsp of pink pitaya powder
Black: 1/2 cup of powdered sugar + 1 tsp of water + 1 tsp of activated charcoal coconut powder
5. Remove cookies from oven and allow to completely cool. Once cookies are ready pour and swirl colors into a wide dish. Dip and twist each cookie into icing. Repeat process occasionally pouring in fresh color.
6. Once icing has dried serve and enjoy.