Healthy Vegan Carrot Cake Bundt
Fluffy, moist, and flavorful — this is the stuff dessert dreams are made of, who doesn't love Healthy Vegan Carrot Cake Bundt? Join us to grab a plate and a BIG slice of this best dessert ever made. Gobs of the very best cream cheese frosting, slathered over a perfectly moist carrot cake bundt incorporated Suncore Foods® Orange Carrot Supercolor Powder and dashes of Suncore Foods® Rose Salt.
Recipe and photo by the wonderful Yukiko. Check out her Instagram @foodie.yuki for more beautiful recipes!
Makes for 7-8 pancakes
3 cups whole wheat/ spelt flour, sifted
1/3 cup hazelnut meal
1/3 cup almond meal
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Organic Orange Carrot Supercolor Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
(1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp light brown sugar*
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp coconut or unrefined brown sugar, finely ground*
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 tsp pure vanilla bean paste
200g (4 medium) carrots, grated
1 tbsp xest of organic orange
*Use coconut sugar only for refined sugar-free
1/2 cup powdered sugar or erythritol for sugar free
1 tbsp lemon juice
1-2 tbsp almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F. Grease and flour one 20 x 10cm Bundt cake pan.
2. Peel and grate the carrots ( I used a microplane) and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
4. In a large bowl whisk the oil, sugar, almond milk and vanilla for a few minutes until the sugar starts to dissolve.
5. Sift in the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
6. Stir in the grated carrot, fold to combine.
7. Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
9. To make the frosting, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add the almond milk one tbsp at a time until desired consistency. Enjoy!