Ebony Carrot Swirl Steamed Buns
Make room on your dinner table for these dreamy Ebony Carrot Swirl Steamed Buns, aren't they beautiful! Soft, chewy, light & fluffy with a hint of warm holiday sweetness. Bonus, the magnificent purple hue is completely from our Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder! You can't beat that!
Recipe Makes 6 Buns
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp instant yeast
1 tbsp soy milk powder
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
3-5 tsp Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder dissolved in 3-5 tsp water
1. In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients, add in oil and milk gradually, mix into a dough. Cover the bowl and let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
2. Divide dough into 2. Knead the plain dough until smooth, elastic, and shiny. Cover with kitchen towel to prevent it from drying out.
3. Add the dissolved Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder to the second portion of dough, knead until well incorporated, dough becomes smooth, elastic, and shiny.
4. Divide each dough into 6 portions. Roll out dough into oval shape. Place white dough on top of the carrot dough. Roll out the dough again to rectangle shape.
5. Use a knife to make slits. Roll up, seal and pinch the edges. Shape into a ring and pinch both sides together.
6. Place buns on parchment paper squares. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for 20 minutes.
7. Steam buns for 12-15 minutes on low heat. Serve warm. Enjoy!