Cranberry Hibiscus White Chocolate Tart
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas especially with a slice of Christmas magic on a plate. Explosion of fruity cranberry tartness combined with our Suncore Foods® Fuchsia Hibiscus Supercolor Powder and the delightful sweetness of white chocolate, this Cranberry Hibiscus White Chocolate Tart completely captures the festive spirit.
1 cup gluten-free oat flour
3/4 cup almond flour
2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup
4 tbsp coconut oil
A pinch of Suncore Foods® Rose Salt (optional)
2 cups cranberries (fresh/frozen)
1 cup water
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp agar agar
3 tsp Suncore Foods® Fuchsia Hibiscus Supercolor Powder
White chocolate layer:
400ml full fat coconut cream
50g non-dairy white chocolate
2 tsp agar-agar powder
1. Crust – Preheat oven to 180° C. Chuck all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until you get a moist, moldable mixture. Firmly press it into the bottom and sides of a tart tin. Bake for 15 mins (or until the crust turns golden brown) Transfer to a wire rack after it cools in the tin.
2. Filling – Bring cranberries and water to boil in a saucepan. Stir occasionally. Reduce heat. Let the mixture simmer for 6-8 mins until it thickens and the cranberries burst. Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove cranberry skin and seeds. Boil your cranberry juice with maple syrup and then whisk in hibiscus flower powder and agar. Whisk vigorously until agar dissolves. Pour filling into a cooled tart. Chill for 4 hrs (or until solid)
3. Meanwhile, make your white chocolate layer. Combine chocolate and coconut cream in a saucepan. Let it simmer and boil over low heat. Add agar and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer. Stir constantly. Keep it on heat for approx. 5 mins until the agar dissolves.
4. Pour mixture into the tart.
5. Refrigerate to set (approx. 4 hrs)
6. Dig in! Each bite sweeps you into a magical, flavorsome journey.