Royal Purple Blueberry Chocolate Cake
We can't stop raving about this Royal Purple Blueberry Chocolate Cake with its radiant purples and exquisite chocolate flavor. This cake may be small but it packs a punch and these beautiful purples make it hard to resist in indulging in this marvelous cake! End that perfect dinner with the perfect dessert and your stomach will be so satisfied!
135g cake flour
28g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp instant coffee powder
1/2 tsp salt
100g dairy free yogurt
60g dairy free butter
100g sugar of choice
150g almond milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup maple syrup
200g full fat coconut milk
100g melted dairy free white chocolate
1 1/2 tsp agar agar powder
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Cosmos Red Cabbage Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Indigo Blueberry Powder
1/3 tsp Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder
1. Cake – Preheat your oven at 175c. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl mix together wet ingredients. Fold the mixture with a spatula to incorporate.
3. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely. Use a cake ring to cut out the cakes. Place cake in a cake ring, set aside.
4. Combine blueberries, water, & maple syrup in a saucepan bring mixture to a boil. Turn the heat down and continue to simmer for few minutes. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Use the back of a spoon to press out the juice.
5. In a saucepan, bring coconut milk, berry syrup to a boil. Add in agar powder, Suncore Foods® Cosmos Red Cabbage Powder, Suncore Foods® Indigo Blueberry Powder, and Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder stirring constantly until dissolved. Whisk in melted chocolate, lower the heat and let simmer for 1 min. Pour mixture over the cake layer and refrigerate until solid. About 4 hours.