Strawberry & Pink Pitaya Cake
For our daily dose of pink, we'll take this Strawberry and Pink Pitaya cake! We find that having something pink in our daily lives makes it soo much better! Colored with our cherished Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Supercolor Powder, there's no way we won't be making this at home! Creamy and topped with fresh berries, this cake is all around an incredible dessert!
Makes a 7 to 8 inches cake
1 1/4 cups (150g) all purpose flour
1/2 cup (65g) sugar of choice
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1/2 cup (125g) dairy free milk
1/4 cup (62g) dairy free yogurt
85g dairy free butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla bean extract
Strawberry Pink Pitaya layer:
1 1/2 cups strawberries
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup maple syrup
200g full fat coconut milk
1 1/2 tsp agar agar powder
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Supercolor Powder (dissolved in 2-3 tsp water)
200g melted dairy free white chocolate
1. To make the cake, preheat your oven at 175c. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl mix together wet ingredients. Fold the mixture with a spatula to incorporate.
3. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely. Trim/level the cake and set aside.
4. Combine strawberries, water, & maple syrup in a saucepan bring mixture to a boil. Turn the heat down and continue to simmer for few minutes. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Use the back of a spoon to press out the juice.
5. In a saucepan, bring coconut milk, strawberry syrup to a boil. Add in agar powder and pink pitaya powder, stirring constantly until dissolved. Whisk in melted chocolate, lower the heat and let simmer for 1 min. Pour mixture over the cake layer and refrigerate until solid. About 4 hours.