Red Turmeric Chai Spice Pumpkin Buns
Kids love it, grown-ups love it... this orange beauty, Red Turmeric Chai Spice Pumpkin Buns are hard to beat! Incredibly moist & fluffy, this is absolutely our favorite fall recipe packed with spice and tons of pumpkin flavor. Incorporating our Suncore Foods® Turmeric Powder in this most-cherished recipe, you'll surely have a house smelling of sweet autumn spices and scrumptious pumpkin buns. Great for holiday gift giving—sweet & totally festive with their adorable pumpkin shapes! Happy baking.
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1/3 cup warm soy milk, unsweetened
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp sugar of choice
1 1/2 cups bread flour
1 tsp chai spice
1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1/3 cup pumpkin purée
1. Sprinkle yeast into the warm milk then stir gently. Leave for about 5 minutes until foamy.
2. In stand mixer, add flour, chia spice. turmeric, sea salt, sugar, pumpkin purée, coconut oil and yeast and milk mixture. Mixing on low-medium speed with the hook attachment until the dough comes together. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
3. Place the dough into a greased bowl and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
4. Punch the excess air out of the dough, divide into 6 equal pieces. Roll each one into a ball.
5. Take a long piece of cooking string and find the halfway point. Place the half way point on top of the ball and flip the whole thing over. Pull the 2 pieces of string together and cross them over to create a cross on the bottom of the ball. Flip it over again and do the same thing until the ball is divided into 8 equal pieces. Tie the string at the top and cut off any excess. Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
6. Preheat oven to 180c. Bake the rolls for 12 minutes.