Eat the rainbow this weekend! Crowned as the best comfort food, the beauty of dumplings is once you have the basics down, it's easy to play around with what's in season or in your kitchen. Just like these Rainbow Dumplings colored majestically using Suncore Foods® plant-based Supercolor Powders to color-code your dumplings or to make a rainbow for the 'gram. You can also store the remaining dough for later in triple wrapped in plastic wrap in the freezer so you can wow yourself with a rainbow of dumplings all over again. Bring out your inner artist with Suncore Foods® Supercolor Powders and we hope your weekend is full of all the dumplings and delicious rainbows!
For the Dumpling Dough:
600g all-purpose flour
280g warm water
15g vegetable oil
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Supercolor Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Ruby Red Radish Supercolor Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Canary Yellow Safflower Supercolor Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Vermillion Annatto Supercolor Powder
For the Filling:
2 cups firm tofu, drained & crumbled
1/2 cup carrot, diced
1/2 cup mushroom, diced
1 tbsp ginger, minced
1/4 tsp of Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp ground pepper
1. Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix until well-incorporated. Set aside.
2. In a big bowl, combine all ingredients together and mix until it forms a ball (the dough should be firm). Cover with a wet towel and let it rest for 10 minutes. Transfer the dough to a working surface and kneed until the dough becomes smooth. Follow the same process for each dough.
3. Roll part of each dough into a rope then assemble them together to make a bigger rope. Cut the rope into small pieces and press each piece into a small disc. Then use a rolling pin to flatten it into a thin disc, then cut with a cookie cutter if prefer.
4. Place a tablespoon of filling in the middle of a wrapper and seal the wrapper.
5. Boil a pot of water and gently add in dumplings. Cook for about 5~8 minutes until the dumplings float on the surface.