Pecan Oatmeal Cacao Nibs Cream Pies
Are you craving cookies right now? How about a stack of delicious chewy cookies full of lots of chocolate and nutty goodness? These Pecan Oatmeal Cacao Nibs Cookies Sandwich or Cream Pies are seriously addicting and packed with yummy goodness and oh so TASTY! Incorporated our Suncore Foods® Cacao Nibs with dash of Suncore Foods® Rose salt and the result will be treasured by chocolate lovers!
Baked 22 cookies/11 cream pies
125g (1 cup) all purpose flour
125g (1 and 1/4 cups) old-fashioned oats or Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
50g (1/2 cup) chopped pecans
15g (2 tbsp) Suncore Foods® Cacao Nibs
40g (1/4 cup) chocolate chips
115g (1/2 cup) vegan butter, room temp
60g (1/4 cup) pecan butter
60g (1/3 cup) unrefined brown sugar
100g (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
For the cream cheese frosting:
225g (8 oz) Cream cheese of choice, room temperature
3 tbsp honey or agave
1. Preheat the oven to 175C / 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, salt, chopped pecans, cacao nibs, chocolate chips and oats until well combined. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat vegan butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add pecan butter and vanilla and beat until well combined. Turn the speed down to low and fold in the oatmeal mixture, mixing until it is just incorporated.
4. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
5. Use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough and place it on the prepared cookie sheet, leaving at least 5cm of space between cookies so they can spread when they bake.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies just begin to turn lightly golden brown around the edges. Remove and allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.
7. To make frosting: in a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sweetener until well combined. Using a piping bag, pipe some filling on the bottom side of one cookie and press a second cookie on top.
8. Serve immediately or keep in refrigerator for 1 day!