Colorful Unicorn Bagels
Start your morning bright with rainbows and put some sprinkles on top! These colorful & fun Unicorn Bagels are one of a kind and just magical and they will brighten your day just a bite away. Life is too short to eat a boring breakfast, start your day joyous, fun, and whimsical with this deliciousness. We use Suncore Foods® Powders to magically and beautifully bring this rainbow to life. In a world full of plain bagels, be a unicorn. Happiness is fresh bagels and cream cheese.
Makes 5 Doughs:
180g bread flour
2g instant yeast
4g Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder
2g Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder
3g Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder
4g Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
3g Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder & Suncore Foods® Yellow Goldenberry Powder
2 tsp salt for boiling bagels
1. Prep two large baking sheets with parchment paper lightly oiled.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl including powder for color. Knead by hand or mixer for 10 mins, or until dough is smooth and releases from the bowl. Transfer into a lightly greased clean bowl, cover, and let chill in fridge to slow down fermentation. Repeat until all desired colored doughs have been kneaded. Place them all back at room temp to let rise for 1.5-2hrs or until they double in size.
3. Punch down to degas doughs. Roll one dough into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Using a small spray bottle, mist water onto the dough. Repeat to each doughs and lay each one on top approx. the same length and size. Cover while rolling each dough to prevent dough stack from drying out.
4. Using a shark knife, slice approx. 1 inch of the stacked dough width-wise. Depending on what size bagels you desire, you can choose to split this in half. Twist dough strip to create a spiral. Grip one end of dough and wrap around your hand until it joins the other end. Using your palm faced down, cinch and seal the ends together by rolling it back and forth on the counter. Transfer to baking sheet. Repeat to all remaining dough. Cover bagels with cling wrap and kitchen towel, and let chill in fridge for min 4 hours or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F.
6. Bring pot of water to simmering boil about 2 inches/ 5 cm deep. Add salt. Drop 2-3 bagels gently with a slotted spoon and boil each side for 30 secs. Remove and transfer back to baking sheet.
7. Bake bagels for 17-20 mins, depending on bagel size. Place onto wire rack immediately to cool. Enjoy with your favorite cream cheese or toppings!