Monet's Poppy Field Cake
Food is the culture. It is the stage where we build on memories to tell stories and stay connected. Just like this impressive food to life cake with edible masterpiece exhibits you can taste, touch and smell created using Suncore Foods® Supercolor Powders recreate a version of Monet's Poppy Field Cake and we are truly amazed how this beautifully depicted summer's day is captured with a colorful rhythm of paints. Bring out your inner artist with Suncore Foods® Supercolor Powder and explore, experience, and celebrate food with us!
4 –in square mold
Light Blue: 250g Korean Wet Rice flour, 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Supercolor Powder, 30g water, 3 tbsp sugar (Dark Blue: Take 50g light blue + 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Supercolor Powder)
Light Green: 150g Korean Wet Rice flour, 1 tsp Suncore Foods® Premium Midori Jade Matcha Supercolor Powder, 20g water, 2 tbsp sugar (Dark Green: Take 50g light green + 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Supercolor Powder)
Pink: 50g Korean Wet Rice flour, 3 tsp Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Supercolor Powder, 6g water, 1/2 tbsp sugar
Orange: 150g Korean Wet Rice flour, 1 tsp Suncore Foods® Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Supercolor Powder, 20g water, 2 tbsp sugar
Yellow: 50g Korean Wet Rice flour, 1 tsp Suncore Foods® Turmeric Powder, 6g water, 1/2 tbsp sugar
White: 50g Korean Wet Rice flour, 6g water, 1/2 tbsp sugar
1. Mix blue ingredients in a bowl. Rub with your hands and press out any wet lumps until all it turns into rough sand texture. Repeat the same process for other colors.
2. Sift each of the colored rice flour once.
3. Add 10 cups of water to the bottom of a steamer and bring to a boil.
4. In the meantime, place a wet cloth over the steamer rack and put the mold on top. To assemble, place one layer of light green and one layer of dark green. Follow with yellow and orange color. Then sprinkle some pink (NOT evenly). Then cover (NOT evenly) with another layer of green, yellow, orange and pink. Follow the same process until it reaches 1/3 height of the mold.
5. Cover a layer of dark green on top. And make a mountain shape heap on the right side with dark blue flour.
6. Then make a heap of green in the middle (This will be the tree) and another two heaps of green on both sides of the mold.
7. Gently spread some light blue flour on top. To create the clouds, make a dent on the light blue surface using a spoon, and place the white flour in it. Cover with another layer of light blue until the whole mold is covered.
8. Put the rack into the steamer and steam over high heat for 30 minutes. Eat when it’s warm and serve with honey/ jam. Be creative and enjoy!