Matcha & Pandan Madeleines Christmas Tree
Give your regular madeleines the holiday treatment! Ask yourself, would you rather decorate a real tree, or indulge in this wonderful matcha & pandan madeleines Christmas tree? Perfect for your Holiday baking! Our Suncore Foods® Premium Midori Jade Matcha and Emerald Pandan leaf Supercolor Powders was used to give the perfect combination of flavors and color. Why not give the gift of delicious edible Christmas tree this year? It's the gift that keeps on giving!
30cm styrofoam cone
Toothpicks with sharp ends on both sides
3 batches of mini madeleines
1/2 cup (60g) cake flour
2 tbsp (15g) almond meal
1 tbsp (8g) cornstarch
1/4 cup (50g) sugar of choice
1 tsp (4g) baking powder
1 (43g) flax egg
(1 tbsp or 6g flaxseed meal with 2 1/2 tbsp or 37g water)
2 tbsp (35g) yogurt
1/2 tbsp (10g) maple syrup
1 tsp (4g) vanilla extract
75g dairy-free butter
65g melted organic cocoa butter
20g soy milk powder
25g powdered sugar
Suncore Foods® Premium Midori Jade Matcha Supercolor Powder and Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Supercolor Powder for the color
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
Whisk together wet ingredients. Then pour wet ingredients to dry. Gently mix until just combined. Refrigerate the batter at least 20 minutes or until batter is thicken.
2. Brush Madeleine pan with melted vegan butter. Scoop about 1 tsp batter into mini moulds Bake at 170c preheated 10-12 minutes (mini pan) until edges begin to become a little golden. Allow Madeleines to cool slightly and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
3. Combine all glaze ingredients and mix until smooth.
4. Dip Madeleine into the glaze. Place in fridge to set.
5. Insert a toothpick into the Styrofoam cone near the bottom, pointing up at a slight angle. Push it in as far as you want your Madeleines to stick out. Then push the Madeleines into the other end of the toothpick.