Christmas Red Beet Chiffon Cake
The perfect festive holiday cake to bake away with some Christmas music on. There's just something about Christmas treats from cakes to cookies to bars, and candies, there are so many amazing, delicious possibilities. And this bright festive Christmas Red Velvet Red Beet Chiffon Cake is THE holiday treat that you will love to bake and chrish with a taste of Christmas in every bite! This recipe also makes wonderful cupcakes! Made with our Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Supercolor Powder and Organic Red Beet Supercolor Powder to achieve the divine, dreamy deep-read color beautifully.
1/2 cup cake flour (sieved twice)
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Organic Red Beet Supercolor Powder
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Supercolor Powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder
3 large egg yolks
4 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 pack of strawberry
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, add milk, Suncore Foods powders and cocoa powder and oil microwave 1 minute, and whisk to mix well.
2. Add the sieved flour to the mixture from step 1 and gently fold until you don’t see any flour. Add in egg yolk and vanilla, and mix together.
3. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until they turn to white color, and then add 1/3 of the sugar. Keep whisking until foamy and add another 1/3 of the sugar. Keep whisking and add the remaining sugar and beat until soft peak forms.
4. Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the batter; fold to combine with a spatula. Pour the mixed batter back into the 2/3 egg whites and fold to mix well.
5. Transfer to a 6-in mold, bake for 40 minutes. Carefully remove cake from the pan and cool it on a wire rack.
6. Decorate with strawberries.