Purple Sweet Potato Chia Leopard Bread
Enjoy this super adorable fluffy Leopard Bread & taste the wondrous flavors in each bite this weekend! Create your own cute colorful paws, errrrr, with our awesome selections of Suncore Foods® Powders! Want to be more creative and bake your own cute colorful paws for your treats? This recipe incorporated our amazing Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder, Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder, and Suncore Foods® Black Chia Seeds to create this enchanting bread full of fun & delightful flavors! Happy Baking and have an incredible weekend!!
360g bread flour
5g instant yeast
45g granulated sugar (such as pure cane sugar)
5g fine salt
210g water or plant-based milk
40g neutral oil, such as grape seed
5g Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder
10g Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder
2g activated charcoal powder or dark cocoa powder / other coloring powder
15g Suncore Foods® Black Chia Seeds, or to taste
1. In the bowl of a mixer, combine all the dough ingredients and knead until smooth and elastic. The dough should form a thin and translucent membrane when stretched, like a "windowpane". (Kneading time will vary; my bread machine took about 45 minutes.)
2. Roughly divide the dough in two, then again divide one of the halves in two, so that the pieces are roughly 1/4, 1/4, and 1/2 of the original.
3. Add Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder & Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder to one 1/4 piece and charcoal powder to the other 1/4 piece. Knead until color is evenly distributed, then cover all the pieces and let rise for 1-2 hours -- until doubled in volume.
4. Once risen, divide each dough ball into 10 pieces, slightly varying in size. Cover again for 10 minutes.
5. Roll one purple piece into a long, thin rope (about 18cm long). Roll one black piece into a flat rectangle (about 8cm x 18cm), optionally sprinkle on some chia seeds, then place the purple rope at its center. Wrap the sides of the black over the purple. (Due to varying sizes, the black may or may not fully enclose the purple.) Then, roll one white dough into a flat rectangle (about 10cm x 20cm), then place the purple/black log at the center. Wrap the sides of the white over the purple/black, and pinch to seal the edges. Place into a greased loaf pan, and repeat with remaining dough.
6. Cover the loaf and let rise for 45-60 minutes. or until nearly doubled in volume. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F/180C for 40 minutes, covering the top with foil when it starts to color. Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.