Aqua Blue Spirulina Frosting Lemon Layer Cake
Aqua Blue Spirulina Frosting Lemon Layer Cake, yes PLEASE! Never needs a reason for cake right? A slice of this scrumptious sweet & tangy tart cake will leave your eyes and taste buds in awe! The stunning color of this cake just “blue” us away! Made this incredible cake using Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder in the frosting to make this cake extray dreamy! Go ahead and recreate this blue-tiful treat and “blue” your friends and family away!
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour 300g
1/4 cup powdered sugar 25g
1/2 cup sugar of choice 100g
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup non dairy yogurt 90g
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup milk of choice
120g coconut oil
Zest of 1 lemon
200g dairy free butter
2 to 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 -1 tsp Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 to 1 tbsp of cold soy milk (for thinner consistency)
1. Preheat oven to 175c. Grease layer cake pans. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together until combined. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar and yogurt. Add in half of the flour mixture mix on low. Add in milk, lemon and the remaining flour mixture, Mix on medium speed for about 1-2 mins or until smooth.
4. Slowly pour the batter into prepared pans. Tap gently against the counter to release air bubbles.
5. Bake for 20-25 mins. Remove pan from the oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Invert cake onto a rack with parchment paper and cool completely.
6. Whip butter in the stand mixer bowl with the paddle attachment, on medium to high speed for about 2 minutes. Stop mixer and add the sifted powdered sugar, Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder, and salt. Mix on low speed until incorporated, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and then add in vanilla and milk (if you’re looking for thinner consistency, mix on medium high speed for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth).