Rainbow Layered Fresh Fruits Tart
TGIF! Let's celebrate with this scrumptious Layered Tart. Get yourself a slice of this beauty, enjoy the creamy tart with a hint of coconut and vanilla creamy filling, and top it off with your favorite fruits! This fun tart wouldn't be complete without Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya, Red Beet & Yellow Goldenberry Powders, and color it this beautiful, dreamy yellow and pink hue! Last but not least, don't forget to add some crunchy fun, Suncore Foods® Blueberry Puffs! Let's start this weekend on a good note!
165g pitted dates
Warm water to soak the dates
100g gluten-free rolled oats
85g unsalted cashews or almonds
55g almond butter
8g pure vanilla extract
200g coconut cream
650g vanilla oat milk
5g pure vanilla extract
45 – 75g powdered sugar (to taste)
5g (1½ tsp) ground cardamom
2g (½ tsp) Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder
2g (½ tsp) agar agar powder
2g (½ tsp) Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder & Suncore Foods Yellow Goldenberry Powder
2g (½ tsp) agar agar powder
Suncore Foods® Blueberry Puffs
Equipment needed: 9” tart pan
1. Crust — Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes. Discard water and place the dates along with all other crust ingredients in a blender. Blend until sticky and coarsely ground. You may need to pause blending and scrape down the side of the blender a few times.
2. Test the mixture by pressing it between your fingers. It should come together and not stick to your fingers. If the mixture is too sticky, add some more oats and blend again. If the mixture is too dry, add some water or plant-milk 1 tbsp at a time.
3. Firmly and evenly press the mixture to the bottom of the tart pan. Refrigerate the crust while preparing the filling.
4. Filling — Blend or whisk together coconut cream, oat milk, vanilla extract, powdered sugar and cardamom, until very well combined. Divide the mixture into two and set aside one half.
5. Pink Pitaya — Dissolve Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder and ½ tsp of agar agar powder into one half of the filling mixture. Transfer the pink mixture to a saucepan and bring to boil while stirring regularly. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 1 minute while stirring regularly. Pour the pink mixture over the crust and refrigerate for 20 – 60 minutes, until the pink layer is firm and has set.
6. Red Beet & Yellow Goldenberry — Dissolve Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder & Suncore Foods® Yellow Goldenberry Powder and ½ tsp of agar agar powder into one half of the filling mixture. Transfer the pink mixture to a saucepan and bring to boil while stirring regularly. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 1 minute while stirring regularly. Pour the pink mixture over the crust and refrigerate for 20 – 60 minutes, until the pink layer is firm and has set.
7. Pour the yellow mixture over the pink layer and refrigerate for 2 hours up to overnight. The tart should be firm and properly set before serving.
8. When ready to serve, garnish the tart with fresh fruit and Suncore Foods® Blueberry Puffs.