Jasmine Infused Red Beet Berry Tart with Quinoa Shortbread Crust
Are you searching for a sweet treat that is perfect for the holiday season? Look no further than this creamy and delicate Jasmine-Infused Red Beet Berry Tart with Quinoa Shortbread Crust! It's fabulously festive in red, thanks to Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder. You can find the recipe and grab a bag or two of Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder to create a delicious, fruity, and dreamy dessert for the holidays. Happy baking and add some color to your day with our delicious products!
1 3/4 cup regular flour
1/8 cup Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes
1/4 cup icing sugar
100g cold solid butter
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp softened butter
1. To Make The Crust — Place all ingredients (except softened butter) in a food processor; pulse until mixture turn into wet sand texture. Add in the softened butter; continue to pulse until mixture turns into dough foam.
2. Once ready, transfer dough to the tart pan; press firmly to the sides and bottom of the pan. Smooth out the surface with a measuring cup. Place the tart back into the freezer to firm up (15 mins). Meantime, pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Pierce all over the bottom of the tart shell with fork. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.
3. Let it cool on wire rack while you make the filling.
4. To Make The Filling — Bring 1 1/2 cup water to a full boil. Once boiling; turn the heat off then add in Suncore Foods® Jasmine Flowers. Cover and let it infuse for at least 30 mins or longer. Strained out the flowers (reserve the flowers to make jasmine balls for decoration).
5. In a medium sized saucepan; add all ingredients including jasmine infused water. Cook mixture on medium low heat for 5 minutes; string constantly. Gently press the berries to the side of the pan to release the juices. Once agar agar and sugar have completely melted. Bring the mixture to a full boil for 1 minute. Turn the heat off.
6. Strain mixture through a fine mesh shift to discard bubbles and seeds. Let it cool slightly (about 5 mins) before pouring to the crust.
7. Let the tart set in the chiller for 1 hour before serving.
8. To Make The Jasmine Balls — Add 1 cup water, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp agar agar powder and the Suncore Foods® Jasmine Flowers to a small saucepan. Cook mixture for 5 minutes then bring it to a full boil for 30 seconds. Pour directly to silicone mould. Chill for 1 hour before using.