Fluffy Taro Yam Milk Bread with Chocolate Chips
This is how we like to roll into the weekend with a super fluffy, light & yummy lovely swirl. Go ahead and help yourself with a piece of this Fluffy Taro Yam Milk Bread with Chocolate Chips that will melt in your mouth! The stunning lavender color achieved using Suncore Foods® Lilac Taro Yam (Purple Sweet Potato) Supercolor Powder and sprinkled with Suncore Foods® Rose Salt. You can make this beautiful and very delicious fluffy bread from the comfort of your own home and will be amazed how simple it was!
Make a 20 cm Pan
For the Starter:
25g (2 1/2 tbsp) bread flour
120 ml (1/2 cup) water
For the Main Dough:
350g bread flour
9g (2.5 tsp) instant yeast
65g (1/3 cup) light brown sugar
2.5g (1/2 tsp) Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
50g (1/4 cup) butter/ vegan butter* (*use stick butter, not margarine)
For the Pink Dough:
1 1/2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Lilac Taro Yam Supercolor Powder
1 1/2 tbsp water
25g (2 tbsp) mini chocolate chips
1. Make the starter: in a small saucepan, whisk water and flour and heat over medium heat whisking continuously until it starts to thicken. When it has a curd-like consistency, remove from heat, pour into a bowl and cover. Let cool down completely before using.
2. Make the dough: add flour, yeast, sugar and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk to combine. Add starter, softened butter and warm milk and knead with hook attachment until just combined. Cover and let rest for 10-15 min. Knead on medium until smooth and elastic (about 10 min).
3. Divide dough into 2 equal parts. Place one half into a greased bowl and cover.
4. Add taro powder and water to the other part and knead until combined. Place into a greased bowl and cover. Let rise the doughs until doubled in size (1h-1h 30).
5. Deflate dough and roll out into 20x50 cm rectangles. Place the taro dough over the plain dough. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and press them lightly. Roll dough into a log and place into the greased pan.
6. Cover and let rise until doubled in size (about 1h).
7. Preheat oven to 175C degrees and bake for 20-25 min.
8. Let cool down in the pan for 10 min then transfer over a cooling rack.