Chia Matcha Prickly Pear Popsicles
It's summertime, enjoy and keep it sweet like these popsicles! Making these Chia Matcha Prickly Pear Popsicles is super simple and a fantastic way to make a light and delicious snack that is jam-packed with all kinds of yumminess from Suncore Foods® Black Chia Seeds, Premium Midori Jade and Cerise Prickly Pear Supercolor Powders. The divine creaminess of chia pudding pairs well with the icy juiciness of pineapple in these frozen delights. Perfect for a party event or to freeze ahead of time and save the rest for another time!
Makes 10 Popsicles
Chia Seed layer:
25g Suncore Foods® Black Chia Seeds
85g oat milk
5g pure vanilla extract
25g maple syrup
80g unsalted cashews (+water to soak)
135g dairy-free vanilla yogurt
135g pineapple juice
105g pineapple, chopped
8g Suncore Foods® Cerise Prickly Pear Supercolor Powder
5g Suncore Foods® Premium Midori Jade Matcha Supercolor Powder
Equipment needed: Popsicle molds
1. Soak cashews in drinking water for 20-30 minutes.
2. While the cashews are soaking, combine all the chia seed layer ingredients in a bowl or a jar and set aside for 15-30 minutes, allowing the chia to activate.
3. Drain the water from the cashews and place cashews along with yogurt, pineapple juice and chopped pineapple in a blender. Blend until smooth and very well combined.
4. Divide mixture into 2 bowls and mix in 1 Supercolor into each bowl. Alternatively, remove half the mixture from the blender and set aside. Mix in 1 Supercolor Powder to the blender and blend again until well combined. Rinse blender and repeat this process for the remaining mixture mixing in the 2nd Supercolor.
5. For flat horizontal popsicle molds – Add 2-3 tsp of the chia seed mixture in the centre of each popsicle mould. Pour Supercolor mixtures on either side of the chia seed layer.
6. For vertical popsicle molds – Pour small amounts of 1 Supercolor mixture into each mold and freeze for 20 minutes until the mixture lightly solidifies. Next, spoon equal amounts of the chia seed mixture into each mold followed by the remaining Supercolor mixture.
7. Freeze overnight and allow the popsicles to thaw for 5 minutes before removing from molds and serving.