Blue Butterfly Pea Swirl Bread
The perfect showstopper that captivates us completely! Soft & Fluffy Blue Butterfly Pea Swirl Bread incorporated our Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder to achieve this charming blue color. You can make this airy loaf from the comfort of your own home, you'll be surprised how good it turns out and how easy it was! Want to get a taste?
310mL (1 1/4 cup) warm water
85g (1/4 cup) honey
7g (2 1/4 tsp) dry yeast
520g (4 cups) bread flour
30g (1/3 cup) dry powdered milk
1 tsp salt
45g (3 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted & cooled
3-5 tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder dissolved in 2 tsp water
Honey (to brush on loaf)
Sesame seeds (to sprinkle on loaf)
1. Mix honey, warmed water (95-100°F), and yeast. Set aside for 10 mins to activate yeast.
2. Combine flour, salt, milk powder, and mix in a stand mixer bowl. Add melted butter, yeast mixture, and mix on medium speed to knead for 8mins, or until dough just turns smooth. You can also knead by hand.
3. Take out dough and cut into two equal pieces. Form one dough piece into a ball, place in oiled bowl, cover, and let rest for 1 hour in draft-free area.
Place second dough back into stand mixer bowl, add blue dissolved Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder mix, and knead until fully combined. Cover blue dough in oiled bowl, and rest for 1 hour.
4. Punch out both doughs to release the gas bubbles. Roll out plain dough into a rectangle, as evenly as possible. Determine your loaf pan size. Roll out dough to double the longer length. For example, if using a 5x9 inch pan, roll dough close to 18 inches long. Do the same for blue dough, then place on top the plain dough. It’s best to roll blue dough a little shorter, then adjust to line it up accordingly. Cut in half, then place one half on top the other half to get 4 layers total. Now you will have a side that is 9 inches to fit your pan.
5. Roll the layered dough tightly into a log, and place into the greased loaf pan. Covered with a greased cling wrap to rest for 30 mins.
6. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C)
7. Warm honey slightly in microwave, let cool, and brush on loaf. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 35-37 minutes, or fully golden brown. Cool completely on rack before slicing, and ENJOY!