All-Natural Rainbow Mille Crepe Cake
Making this rainbow is a great way to celebrate and it's easier than you think especially this is an All-Natural Rainbow Mille Crepe Cake using every color possible from our Supercolor Powder series. Simply whimsical, beautiful, and sophisticated!
Created by the magnificent Michelle @siftandshimmer. Check out her Instagram for more beautiful recipes!
Yield: 1 x 5" x 24 layered cake
For the colors:
Red: 2 tsp Suncore Foods® Pitaya Supercolor Powder + 1 tsp red yeast rice powder
Orange: 1 tsp Suncore Foods® Goldenberry Supercolor Powder + 1/2 tsp red yeast rice powder
Yellow: 2 tsp Suncore Foods® Yellow Goldenberry Supercolor Powder
Green: 1 tsp Suncore Foods® Pandan Leaf Supercolor Powder
Blue: 1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Supercolor Powder
Purple: 1/8 tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Supercolor Powder + 1tsp Suncore Foods® Fuchsia Hibiscus Supercolor Powder
1 cup + 3 tsp milk
2 tsp oil
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
Pinch of Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Oil for greasing the frying pan
Whipping cream filling:
1 cup (250g) heavy whipping cream
2 tsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine all the ingredients together in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Cover and let sit for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
3. When ready to make the crepes, remove batter from fridge.
4. Use a wooden spoon and stir the mixture.
5. Divide the batter into 6 equal portions (about 100g each) in 6 individual bowls.
6. Mix the corresponding Supercolor Powders to color each bowl individually from red to purple. Strain each colored batter through a sieve before pouring into the firing pan.
7. Heat up a small 5" frying pan and grease with a little oil.
8. Pout about 2 tsp of batter into 5" frying pan. Each colored batter should produce about 4 x 5" crepes.
9. Let it cook over low heat, about 1-2 minutes, flip, and continue cooking for another minute.
10. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
11. Repeat with the remaining batter.
12. Ensure crepes are completely cool before stacking upon each other. Crepes can be made ahead of time and stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Place a piece of parchment paper in between the layers if freezing.
13. Starting with the purple crepes, lay one crepe on a plate and place 1 tsp of whipped cream on top. Smooth the surface with a spatula and lay another crepe on top. Repeat with the remainder of the crepes, moving through the colors.
14. Place into the fridge to set for at least 4-6 hours before serving.
15. Serve chilled. Slice, and enjoy!