Vegan Pandan Crepes with Sweet Coconut (Kue Ketayap)
Experience the flavors of Southeast Asia with this Kue Ketayap, also known as Vegan Pandan Crepes with Sweet Coconut! This traditional delight will transport your taste buds to a world of foodie heaven. Color it this yummly with Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Powder. Let the sweet coconut take you on a culinary journey you won't forget!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
(Makes 10 ~ 12 Rolls)
250g grated coconut
80g palm sugar
60g light brown sugar
3 pandan leaves knotted
1/4 tsp salt
100 ml water
Emerald Pandan Leaf Crepes:
420 ml water
80 ml coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Powder
1. Add all the Coconut filling ingredients into a pot and cook on a low heat till the sugar dissolved before set it aside.
2. Add in Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Powder, coconut milk, 420ml water, flour and salt. Blend it till smooth.
3. Once done strain the mixture and set aside.
4. Spread a thin layer of oil on the nonstick frying pan, pour one ladder of crepe mixture into the pan.
5. Cook with a very low heat till the crepe cook. Then split to the other side, cook another one more minutes.
6. Place the crepe on a plate and fill up with some sweet coconut fillings, roll the crepe into a cylinder shape and tight with pandan leaves then serve warm.
7. Let the crepes cool off completely before stack them. If not you will end up with crepe stick together.