Perfect for breakfast or to enjoy as a snack, these superfood fueled bagels will have you craving for more!
Created by the wonderful Lenny. Check out her Instagram @vegamelon for more amazing recipes!
For the dough:
2 cup (240g) bread flour
1 tsp instant yeast
½ tsp fine sea salt
1 tbsp granulated sugar
½ cup + 2 tbsp (150mL) warm water
½ cup dried cranberries, soaked in water for 30+ mins
3-4 tbsp Suncore Foods® Hemp Seeds
water, for boiling
1 tbsp baking soda, for boiling
1. In a bowl, combine the dough ingredients and begin kneading; once the mixture begins come together, transfer to a smooth surface dusted with flour.
2. Continue to knead until a smooth dough forms -- about 10-15 minutes by hand. Shape into a ball and let rise in a covered bowl for 1-2 hours, or until doubled in size. Once risen, punch down the dough, mix in the dried cranberries and seeds, and divide into 6 equal pieces. Let rest for 10 minutes. Form each piece into a ball.
3. Create a hole in the center using your thumb, then stretch into a ring with your fingers gradually rotating outward from the center. Place under a damp towel and let rise for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 400F and boil water in a wide pot. Add baking soda, then drop in 2-3 bagels and boil on medium heat for 30-60 seconds each side. Dry the dough and place onto a greased baking sheet. Repeat for the remaining pieces.
5. Sprinkle the bagels with more seeds and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and enjoy warm.