Super Fluffy Spelt Pancakes Topped with Toasted Coconut Chips
What better way to start the day than with positively delectable light, moist, and super fluffy pancakes topped with crunchy Suncore Foods® Toasted Coconut Chips. It is the perfect tropical getaway vibes that you just may be able to drift off to a deserted island even if for a short while.
Recipe and photo by the wonderful Yukiko. Check out her Instagram @foodie.yuki for more beautiful recipes!
2 cups spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp butter/ vegan butter, Melted
2 tbsp honey/agave or rice syrup
1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 cup vegan buttermilk*
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
*1 cup almond or soy milk + 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
Suncore Foods® Toasted Coconut Chips
1. In a medium bowl, combine spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
4. Don't over mix! Lumps are fine.
5. Heat a small non- stick pan (12cm) on medium heat.
6. Drop about 2 tbsp of the batter and bake on each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Toppings: coconut yogurt, Suncore Foods® Toasted Coconut Chips , maple syrup, blueberries.