Strawberry Grapefruit Fuchsia Hibiscus Tart
Get ready to get your pink on with another gorgeous tart. We can't get over the perfect medley of fruits on this Strawberry Grapefruit Fuchsia Hibiscus Tart plus the soft tint of natural hibiscus color with a zing of flavor . Nothing says summer quite like this tart!
Recipe and photo by our brand ambassador Mei Yee. Check out her Instagram @nm_meiyee for more magnificent recipes!
Make a 8” deep tart pan
12 dates, pitted
1/2 cup buckwheat groat
1 cup almonds
2 tbsp flaxseed meal
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Fuchsia Hibiscus Supercolor Powder
1 cup fresh strawberry
1 cup grapefruit juice
1 cup full fat coconut cream
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
2 tsp agar-agar powder
1. Grease an 8-inch tart tin. Set aside.
2. In a food processor add crust ingredients and process until grounded and well combined. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the prepared tart tin. Place in the freezer to set while you work with your filling.
3. Add strawberries in a blender. Blend into a puree. Add grapefruit juice, blend it again. Strain juice through a mesh sieve.
4. In a saucepan, bring the strawberry grapefruit juice and coconut cream to a boil. Add Hibiscus flower powder, agar-agar and maple syrup. Stirring constantly, cook until agar completely dissolve.
5. Allow to boil for approximately 30 seconds. Strain mixture through a mesh sieve.
6. Let the mixture to cool for 10 minutes before pouring into tart.
7. Place tart in the fridge for 2 hours to set.