Sparkly Galaxy Meringue Pops
You can catch us hangin' out in the new galaxy that Gina created when she whipped up these meringue-merizing Sparkly Galaxy Meringue Pops! Come and join us, there's plenty of room!
Created by the amazing & talented Gina. Check out her Instagram @healthylittlevittles for more incredible recipes!
Ingredients1 tsp Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Supercolor Powder
½ tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Supercolor Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Orange Carrot Supercolor Powder
Suncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Supercolor Flakes
¾ cup super fine almond flour
1 + ¼ cup organic powdered sugar
½ tsp cream of tarter
½ tsp pure almond extract
1 can chickpea brine (aquafaba)
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
2. Sift your almond flour and 1 cup of the powdered sugar into a medium bowl so that you have a very fine mixture. Set aside.
3. Place your chickpea brine in your stand mixer (or in a large bowl) and whip on high speed until soft peaks start to form. This will take about 5 minutes.
4. Blend in the cream of tartar, remaining 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, and almond extract and beat for an additional couple of minutes.
5. Next, turn off your blender and gently fold in your almond flour mixture with a spatula.
6. Split your mixutre into 3 different bowls.
7. Add the pink pitaya powder to one, and gently fold in until the batter is pink.
8. Add the blue butterfly pea flower powder to a different bowl, and gently fold in until the batter is blue.
9. Add the orange carrot powder to the last one, and gently fold in until the batter is a light orange.
10. Add parchment paper to a flat baking sheet (I prefer to use one with no edges) and line up your sticks allowing room to pipe 3-4 inch round circles.
11. Transfer your batter mixtures into a piping bag trying to keep each of the 3 colors in seperate sections of the bag and pipe 3-4-inch round circles on the lined tray (making sure to space out the meringues so they don't touch). Repeat for all of the batter.
12. You can sprinkle with the sparkly amber passion fruit flakes prior to baking but know they won't be sparkly. I added these both before and after baking (garnishing after allows them to keep their sparkle!).
13. Bake for about 15-20 minutes then turn the oven off and let the meringues cool slowly. I kept mine in there for about an hour just because I wasn't in a rush, but know that if you take them out and there's an extreme temperature change they will deflate and sink in.
14. When cool, sprinkle with more sparkly passionfruit flakes.
15. Store in the fridge (this will crisp them up, so if you desire chewy meringue pops, allow them to sit out for about 5-10 minutes).