Sparkling Amber Passion Fruit Muffins
These little guys are sure to wake you up with a smile! Afterall, who doesn't love a sparkling healthy dessert that doubles as breakfast the morning after? Infused and topped with Suncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Supercolor Flakes to create this beautiful speckled presentation that is also absolutely delicious & ridiculously addictive! Ultra moist, and bursting with zesty fresh fruity flavor – each bite is like a little taste of paradise.
Created by the talented Sasha. Check out her Instagram @earthlingsasha for more beautiful recipes!
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp lemon zest
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 2.5 tbsp water)
1/3 cup oil
1 cup blueberries
1/3 cup of Suncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Supercolor Flakes
Sprinkled a nice handful of Suncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Supercolor Flakes for extra tanginess
1. Preheat the oven to 185C and line a muffin tray.
2. Begin by mixing the dry ingredients together in a bowl until all combined. In another bowl, stir together the milk, vanilla, lemon zest, soy milk, lemon juice, flax egg and oil. Incorporate into the dry mixture and mix together. Do not overmix though!
3. Add the bluebs and fold into the batter.
4. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tins filling each around 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the middle. Remove from oven and let muffins cool briefly before removing from pan.
5. Sprinkle a nice handful of Suncore Foods® Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Supercolor Flakes for extra tanginess. Enjoy!