Soul-Filling “Heartbeet” Velvet Red Beet Ravioli
Upgrade your pasta night with these homemade Soul-Filling “Heartbeet” Velvet Red Beet Ravioli made from scratch and filled with savory earthy filling and complemented by the brown butter thyme sauce — this is pure heaven and will add a wow factor to the holiday table. We are instantly in love. Intense fuchsia hue in these can’t-beet ravioli ties together so effortlessly, this could make anyone want to dive right into the plate. Homemade raviolis are simple to make and with Suncore Foods® Supercolor Powders (Velvet Red Beet) to achieve the vibrant color. With this recipe, you can do the impossible and bring fresh ravioli to your kitchen! They can be made ahead and frozen and cooked up in minutes on the day. So what are you waiting for?! Get ready to take out those rolling pin, pots, and pans!
For the Ravioli Dough:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
3 tbsp water
3 tsp Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Supercolor Powder
1 egg lightly beaten
For the Cheese Filling:
16 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
4 oz mozzarella
2 oz parmesan cheese
6 garlic cloves
10 basil leaves
Suncore Foods® Hemp Seeds
1. Mix water with Red Beet Supercolor powder until fully incorporated. Combine it with the rest of pasta ingredients and mix together. Knead by hand or in a stand mixer with the dough hook for 10 minutes until the dough is elastic. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and let it rest for at least 20 minutes.
2. In a food processor pulse all ingredients for the cheese filling until fully incorporated.
3. On a lightly floured surface roll out pasta sheets until its very thin ( less then 1/8' in thickness).Assemble your ravioli. Place a tsp of filling on your pasta sheet. Space accordingly for larger or smaller ravioli. Brush the second half of the pasta sheet with beaten eggs and fold sheet over.Use a ravioli wheel or stamp to cut your ravioli.
4. Set your stock pan to boil. Salt the water. Boil ravioli for 8 minutes. Prep the garnishes-hemp seeds and micro greens.
5. In a sause pan on medium heat add butter and thyme sprigs. Season with salt and paper. Add cooked ravioli. Cook for another minute. Remove from hit and plate!