Snowflake Gingerbread Cookies
Christmas is in the air with the pine fresh smell of Christmas trees, crackling fireplaces, and freshly baked gingerbread cookies. Ahhh, it's just so magical! Traditionally made as houses or little men with gum drop buttons, gingerbread cookies are a traditional staple during the holidays, but here we have snowflake gingerbread cookies with gorgeous icing detail made with Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder to elevate this classic holiday must-have and add more color to your table setting. These beautiful and icy blue snowflake gingerbread cookies are so bright yet elegant and make a great holiday gift for friends and co-workers. Preheat the oven and let your hearts fill with the warm and sweet spices!
370g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp salt
85g dairy free butter
150g sugar of choice
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla extract
180g sifted powdered sugar
1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder
1. Sift your dry ingredients together, set aside. In a stand mixer, whisk together butter. sugar, vanilla and molasses together. Add the dry ingredients. Mix on medium/low until a smooth ball starts to form, do not over mix. Add more flour if needed.
2. Roll out dough onto parchment paper or a baking mat to 1/4" thick. Try to make the dough as even in thickness as possible. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 180c. Cut out cookies using cookie cutters. Transfer to parchment-covered baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let fully cool before moving.
4. Make the Icing — In a stand mixer, beat aquafaba with cream of tartar and salt until foamy. Add all powdered sugar and beat on low speed until thick. Beat in Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder and beat until thickened. Thin the icing with water to the desired consistency.
5. Decorate cookie pieces with royal icing. Let dry completely.