Sakura Red Beet Cookies
Prepare to get compliments from these chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside buttery Cherry Blossom Sakura Red Beet Cookies. Beautifully colored using Suncore Foods® Red Beet Supercolor Powder to achieve the pink festive hue! These bloomin' flower cookies are so much fun to make and eat! Will completely take the center stage and impress family and friends! We are stoked and we know you will too.
Makes 9 Large Cookies
For the Vanilla Dough:
110g (1/2 cup) plant butter (stick) or dairy butter
30g (1/4 cup) powdered sugar
50g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
1 egg (Sub: 1 flax egg for vegan)*
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/8 teaspoon Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
70g (1/2 cup) almond flour
190g (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
1 flax egg =1 tbsp freshly ground flax seed+3 tbsp water
For the Pink Dough:
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Supercolor Powder
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color (5 min). Add egg and vanilla and mix to combine. Add almond flour and mix to combine.
2. Slowly mix in the flour, baking powder and salt beating until just combined. Divide dough in two equal pieces.
3. Add red beet powder to one of the pieces to make pink dough.
4. Refrigerate doughs for 30 min, then roll out into 6 mm thick.
5. Using a small flower cookie cutter, cut out flowers all over the two doughs.
6. Place pink flowers into the white dough and white flowers into the pink dough. Roll out to combine.
7. Cut out cookies and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 180C degrees for 8-9 minutes.