Aqua Blue Spirulina Crepe Cake with Coconut Chantilly Cream
A stunning melt-in-your-mouth new twist on this classic treat will completely “blue” you away! Made of thin layers of dreamy blue crepes colored using Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder to achieve the vibrantly blue hue in each layers of crepes stacked together with fresh whipped cream in-between. This elegant and decadent cake is one showstopper of a dessert and will make everyone in the household smile!
1 3/4 cake flour or all purpose flour
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder
2 1/4 cups unsweetened soy milk
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
Pinch of salt
150g full fat coconut milk
100g dairy free white chocolate
220g coconut whipping cream, chilled
1. Make the Chantilly cream — Bring coconut milk to a boil, pour hot milk over the chocolate and whisk until smooth. Add the cold coconut whipping cream and whisk for 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. To make the crepes — In a large bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, and Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder. Add in milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and salt. Mix until well combined and smooth.
3. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Grease the pan really well with coconut oil.
4. Remove pan from heat. Pour a small ladleful of batter in the pan and swirl the pan around to evenly coat the bottom with the batter. Return the pan to heat. Leave to cook until you see the edges start to crisp up and turning brown. Then loosen with a spatula and flip. And cook until spottily brown on the other side. Let crepes to cool completely.
5. Whip chilled Chantilly cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Place the first crepe layer onto serving platter and spread Chantilly cream cream between each crepe layer. Refrigerate Crêpe cake for at least 2 hours before serving.