Rose Apple Chips Amaranth Bars
The hustle and bustle of those busy days call for a delicious, irresistible and nutritious treat that can be enjoyed on-the-go! We will h-apple-y take a bar or two of these Rose Apple Chips Amaranth Bars for the road made with Suncore Foods® Rose Apple Chips, Hemp Seeds, and White Chia Seeds.
Created by the amazing & talented Gina. Check out her Instagram @healthylittlevittles for more incredible recipes!
1.5 cups amaranth (puffed)
1 cup Suncore Foods® Rose Apple Chips Supersnack
3 tbsp raw, chopped walnuts
3 tbsp raw pepitas/pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Hemp Seeds
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® White Chia Seeds
1/3 cup honey/brown rice syrup (for fully vegan version)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup almond butter
1. In a large bowl, combine amaranth, walnuts, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), hemp seeds, chia seeds and rose apple chips.
2. Crushed the rose apple chips into smaller pieces.
3. In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil and almond butter and microwave until melted (approximately 45 seconds)
4. Add the honey (or brown rice syrup for fully vegan bars) into the bowl with the amaranth mixture, then add the vanilla and coconut oil almond butter mixture
5. Stir to combine well, then press the mixture into a 7×11 baking dish lined with parchment paper
6. Place in the freezer to set up for about 20 minutes (they can be eaten right away, but taste best when allowed to harden a bit). Best stored in an airtight container in the freezer! Enjoy straight from the freezer.