Quadrant Rainbow Loaf
Happiness is biting into bread! Make breakfast fun and whimsical with this beautiful Quadrant Rainbow Loaf! Top it off with your favorite spread and fuel your day with happiness. This lovely, welcoming, warm colors hue is made with Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya, Red Beet, and Yellow Goldenberry Powders. This loaf is easy on the eyes and yummy in your tummy! Bread is love-made edible. Enjoy and start your day with a good breakfast.
300g warm water
5g active dry yeast
27g olive oil
240g white bread flour
200g whole wheat bread flour
9g Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder, Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder 1 tsp of water to dissolve
11g Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder, Suncore Foods® Ruby Red Radish Powder 1 tsp of water to dissolve
15g Suncore Foods® Yellow Goldenberry Powder 1 tsp of water to dissolve
Plant milk for brushing for dough
Stand mixer with a dough hook attachment
9 x 4 x 4 inch bread pan
1. Activate Yeast — In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water, sugar and yeast and set aside for 10-15 minutes, until the mixture is frothy. Mix in olive oil on low speed for 30 seconds.
2. Form Dough — Mix in salt, white bread flour and whole wheat bread flour on low speed (or at the mixer recommended speed for dough) until the dough comes together and is no longer sticking to the walls of the bowl.
3. 1st Proof — Remove dough and form a dough ball. Place the dough in a clean bowl, cover and proof the dough for 60-90 minutes.
4. Lightly oil the inside of the bread pan and set aside. Once the dough has risen, punch the air out and separate the dough into 4 portions.
5. Knead Suncore Foods® Powder Into Dough — Dust some flour on a clean work surface and set aside 1 portion. Knead 1 Supercolor Powder into the remaining 3 portions, creating 3 color doughs. Knead the Suncore Foods® Powder into the dough in its powder form or if it’s easier, dissolve the Suncore Foods® Powder into 1-2 tsp of water and knead the solution into the dough. If needed, dust some flour onto the dough.
6. Roll Dough — Once the Supercolor doughs are ready, using a rolling pin, individually roll each of the 4 portions into ovals or rectangles, approximately 10 x 6 inches size.
7. Create dough logs: Starting from the narrower end (6” side), roll each dough inwards forming 4 skinny dough logs. The logs should be thin enough for two dough logs to fit side by side in the bread pan. The length of the logs should be shorter than the length of the bread pan, giving the dough enough room to rise.
8. Assemble Quadrants — Place two dough logs, side by side, at the bottom of the prepared bread pan. Similarly, place the other two dough logs, side by side, on top of the previously placed dough.
9. 2nd Proof — Cover the pan with a kitchen towel and set aside for 1 hour.
10. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350º F. Brush the dough with plant-milk and bake for 50-55 minutes. After 35 minutes, cover the bread pan with aluminum foil and continue to bake. Once ready, the top of the loaf should be golden-brown and should sound hollow when you tap on it.
11. Allow the loaf to cool in the bread pan for 15 minutes. Remove the loaf from the bread pan (the loaf should slide out when the bread pan is tilted) and allow it to cool to room temperature before slicing.