Purple Sweet Potato Mochi Flowers
We always say yes to flowers! These chewy, delicious Purple Sweet Potato Mochi Flowers will lighten up your day any day. Sit back, relax and get a spoonful of this goodness, served it with coconut syrup, and you can call it a blissfully sweet day. Let's add color to your day in this gorgeous purple hue using Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder. Enjoy as life is better with flowers!
150g glutinous flour
120g hot boiling water
1-2 tsp Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder
1. In a bowl, add glutinous rice flour and boiling water. Stir quickly with a pair of chopsticks. When the dough is cold enough to handle, add the Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder and knead until it forms into a ball.
2. Roll out the dough and cut out glutinous flowers using cookie cutter (add more glutinous flour if needed).
3. In a pot, add in water, bring it to a simmer on medium heat. Add in the glutinous flowers and cook for 3-4 minutes or until it floats.
4. Transfer the glutinous flowers into the ice water bath (to keep them in shape and prevent sticking). Serve with coconut syrup.
5. To Serve — Coconut syrup/nectar or gula melaka. Enjoy!