Baked Midori Jade Matcha Donuts
Here are a dozen reasons to be happy! These beautiful Baked Matcha Donuts will turn your frown upside down. You can add this umami taste and fun earthy tone by using Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder, then top it off with yummy chocolate drizzle and cinnamon sugar dust! Make this morning a little extra special and try this recipe. Life happens, donuts help deliciously!
Make 8 Donuts
155g gluten-free 1-to-1 flour
80g powdered sugar
4-5 (1 tsp) baking powder
1-2g (¼ tsp) baking soda
10g corn starch
5g Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder
136g unsweetened vanilla oat milk
5g apple cider vinegar
45g dairy-free yogurt
5g pure vanilla extract
13g dairy-free melted butter
Optional Chocolate Drizzle Ingredients:
1/3 cup dark chocolate
1/3 cup dairy-free white chocolate
Cinnamon Sugar Dust Ingredients:
55g (¼ cup) granulated sugar
3g (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 3500 F and prepare a 6” cake pan by brushing some butter or oil on the inside of the pan.
2. Dry Ingredients — In a large bowl, combine flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder, and salt.
3. Wet Ingredients — In another bowl, combine oat milk, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and melted butter.
4. Mix the two sets of ingredients together until well combined. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 35 minutes or until the cake passes the toothpick test.
5. Follow the same steps to prepare another 6” cake for a layered cake.
6. Allow both cakes to cool completely before adding buttercream.
7. Buttercream: Beat butter for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add cream of tartar and vanilla extract and beat again until well combined. Add powdered sugar 100 g at a time until you reach the desired texture. For a thinner buttercream, use less sugar. For a thicker buttercream use more sugar.
8. Mix in Supercolor Powder into the buttercream until well combined.
9. Assemble cake: Evenly cut the domes of each cake so both cakes are level. Spread some buttercream on one cake and place the second cake over the buttercream. Gently press down in order to position the cake.
10. Add the remaining buttercream to a piping bag and decorate cake to preference.