Pink Pitaya Bubble Latte
Quench your thirst with this perfect summertime, any time refreshing fruity Hot Pink Pitaya Bubble Latte made from Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Supercolor Powder. Not only it's absolutely gorgeous, it is also super easy to make in the comfort of your homes and with our endless options of naturally plant-based supercolor powders, you can whip up a batch of this bubble tea in any color of the rainbow & flavors perfectly!
Ingredients for 4/5 Servings:
120g tapioca starch
5g cacao powder
60g brown sugar
5g tapioca starch
70 ml water
Brown Sugar Syrup:
30 ml water
30g brown sugar
Pink Pitaya Latte:
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Supercolor Powder
1 tbsp water
2 cups plant milk
1. In a medium bowl, whisk tapioca starch and cacao powder. Set aside.
2. Place starter ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat and add flour-cacao mixture. Stir with a spatula to combine then transfer to a clean surface and knead by hand until soft and elastic dough.
3. Divide dough into 8 pieces and roll into small logs. Cut each log into small pieces (7-8mm) and roll each into a small ball. Place the pearls into a bowl with a little tapioca starch and toss to cover. You can refrigerate them at this stage for a couple of days until you are ready to cook them.
4. Bring a pot of water to boil and add the tapioca pearls. Cook for 20 min stirring occasionally.
5. After 20 min, cover with a lid and let it rest for 30 min.
6. Use a colander to discard water.
7. Place pearls into a saucepan and add water and brown sugar. Heat over medium heat stirring continuously until the syrup has thicken.
8. Remove from heat and keep in a container. Should be consumed within 3-5 hrs. Don't refrigerate or they will harden.
9. To make the pink pitaya latte: combine pink pitaya and water and pour over tapioca pearls and ice. Add plant milk.