Orange Bundt Cake with Red Beet Glaze
Bundt cakes can be a little cliché, so to zhuzh it up, add a huge pop of color! This beautiful red glaze was created with Suncore Foods® Red Velvet Beet Supercolor Powder. The recipe for this Orange Bundt Cake with Red Beet Glaze is an absolute stunner with its warm red and orange hues, and with the acidity of orange juice and sour cream, this cake is incredibly moist and decadent and 100% satisfying. We'd be hard pressed to not think we're sitting at the beach to watch the sunset as we eat slice after slice of this wonderful cake!
1 cup (227g) unsalted butter (at room temperature)
¾ cup (190g) orange juice
1 ½ cup (300g) sugar
Zest of 1 orange
½ cup (120g) sour cream
Pinch of Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
5 large eggs
1 tsp/ 4g vanilla extra
3 cups (360g) all-purpose flour
1 tbsp (14g) baking powder
2 tbsp heavy cream
1 cup (100g) powdered sugar
2 tsp Suncore Food® Velvet Red Beet Supercolor Powder
3 tbsp orange juice
1. Set oven to 350F and butter and flour a baking pan. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt then set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together orange juice, heavy cream, vanilla extra, and sour cream.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the butter until creamy. Add sugar and orange zest and keep whisking until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs and whisk once more. Add flour the mixture and mix until just combined. Then add the wet mixture. Scrape the bowl down and use the spatula to finish mixing the batter. Pour into a buttered and floured pan.
5. Bake the cake at 350º F for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the center of the cake comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling track.
6. Then make the glaze. Add all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to mix well.
7. Pour the glaze on top of the cake.