Orange Baked Yam Cake Roll
When life gives you oranges make an orange cake roll! With a touch of golden color, this soft, and delicate cake is carefully tucked around a golden, airy cream! Not only will it make your holiday table look exquisite, but it'll also make your tastebuds thank you! With a touch of Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam Supercolor Powder, it’s easy to achieve this gorgeous and inviting hue. Let the smell of a freshly baked cake fill your home with happiness. Stay cozy, turn up the oven and let's get baking!
1/3 cup cake flour (sieved twice)
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam Supercolor Powder
4 large eggs (egg white and yolk separated)
1/3 cup sugar
4 1/2 tbsp orange Juice
1/3 cup vegetable oil
16-in square pan
For the cream:
2 cup heavy cream/full fat coconut cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam Supecolor Powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the pan with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, add Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam Supercolor Powder with orange
juice, and oil and whisk to mix well. Add egg yolk and gently mix well.
3. Transfer the mixture to a big bowl and add cake flour. Fold to mix well. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric hand mixer until the egg
whites become foamy; add 1/3 of the sugar. Keep beating the egg whites until some soft peaks form; add another 1/3 of the sugar. Beat again until the large peaks form; add the remaining 1/3 of sugar. Whisk until soft peak forms.
5. Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the batter; fold to combine with a spatula. Pour the mixed batter back into the 2/3 egg whites and fold to mix well.
6. Transfer the batter to the cake pan, bake for 25 minutes. Carefully remove cake from the pan and cool it on a wire rack and cover with a piece of parchment paper on top.
7. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, and beat 1-cup heavy cream, Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam Supercolor Powder and sugar until soft peaks form.
8. To assemble: Spread whipped cream evenly on top, leaving about a 1/2 inch border around the cake. Gently roll the cake back up and cover with a plastic wrap. Set in the fridge for 1 hour.
9. After 1 hour, take the cake out. Add more cream and orange slices on top to serve