Chrysanthemum Blossoms Lemon Madeleine
These little dainty ray of bite-sized treats are the perfect pairing to your morning or afternoon tea or coffee. Kissed with Suncore Foods® Jasmine Flowers for a subtle floral aroma finished with a delicately pink chocolate ganache that completely elevated details to fancy things up just a bit. They're light, elegant, and delicious! Enjoy them whenever your sweet tooth strikes. Let's get started, shall we? You'll wholeheartedly agree!
1 cup + 1 tbsp spelt / whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup plant milk
1/3 cup maple/agave or date syrup
1 tbsp organic lemon zest
70g neutral oil
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Pink Chocolate Ganache:
20g ruby chocolate
60g white chocolate
1/3 cup Suncore Foods® Jasmine Flowers
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder
1. Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
Grease a madeleines pan with oil/ butter.
In a large bowl, sift flour and baking powder. In another bowl, add milk and syrup and whisk until it's well combined. Add oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla and whisk to combine.
2. Pour the wet mixture over the dry and whisk until just combined. Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop out the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your mold, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
3. Allow to cool in the mold for 5 minutes, then gently flip them on the side to cool completely. (This will prevent flattening the beautiful and typical bumps on the back of the Madeleines).
4. For the Pink Chocolate Ganache — Gently melt the white and pink chocolate, Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Powder over Bain Marie, stir to combine and let cool down to room temperature.
5. Dip the Madeleines into the chocolate and place on a grid to remove the excess. Let set completely.