Home Sweet Home Velvet Red Beet Gingerbread House
Made with love, warmth, and cozy down to the last detail. This Home Sweet Home Velvet Red Beet Gingerbread House is the perfect whimsy and fun family project for the little hands to decoration, or big-person creativity. Who wants to cozy up here and make this centerpiece for your holiday project at home? The best part, it is made with our plant-based goodness—Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet and Organic Red Beet Supercolor Powders to achieve the rosy red coats of color! This is one project that will store precious family memories for years to come!
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
Additional 1/4 cup flour if needed
2 tbsp aquafaba
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 to 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet and Suncore Foods® Red Beet Supercolor Powder for the color
1. Sift your dry ingredients together, set aside.
2. In a stand mixer, whisk together coconut oil, sugar, vanilla and molasses together. Add the dry ingredients. Mix on medium/low until a smooth ball starts to form, do not over mix. Add more flour if needed.
3. Roll out dough onto parchment paper or a baking mat to 1/4" thick. Try to make the dough as even in thickness as possible. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 180c. Cut shapes out using gingerbread house templates. Transfer to parchment-covered baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let fully cool before moving.
5. Make the icing — In a stand mixer, beat aquafaba with cream of tartar and salt until foamy. Add all powdered sugar and beat on low speed until thick. Beat in supercolor powder and beat until thickened. Thin the icing with water to the desired consistency.
6. Assemble — Decorate cookie pieces with royal icing. Let dry completely. Use stiff royal icing to attach the gingerbread house together piece by piece. Have fun baking!