Fresh Rainbow Noodle Spring Rolls
This Fresh Rainbow Noodle Spring Rolls made with Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea & Cosmos Red Cabbage Supercolor Powders are calling our names!! By simply incorporating Suncore Foods® Supercolor Powders to the noodles, the vibrant blue & purple instantly brightens up your weekend! With a mix of fresh veggies, colorful noodles, side of peanut sauce, and all wrapped up in a rice paper? Wow, it just rolls right off the tongue, doesn’t it? Give this recipe a try and enjoy!
Rice paper (size 22cm)
Dry rice vermicelli noodles (3-4oz)
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Cosmos Red Cabbage Supercolor Powder
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Supercolor Powder
Large shrimp (21 to 25 count) peeled, deveined, thawed if frozen
Red bell pepper
Cucumber, or any other vegetables you prefer
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp garlic, minced or pressed
1 or 2 tbsp water, as needed
1. Rinse all vegetables thoroughly. Slice peppers, carrots, and cucumbers thinly into strips, about 7cm (3in) long.
2. Rinse shrimp. Add to pot of boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a cold water bath, drain, and remove the rails. With a small pairing knife, slice each shrimp in half and set aside.
3. Bring another pot to boil, fill water only about 2-2.5 inches high. Add vermicelli noodles and cook for 4 minutes. Turn off heat, add desired powder, and stir. Let sit for 3-4 minutes, then check noodles for doneness. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
4. Wet your cutting board/surface area slightly to prevent rice paper from sticking. Pour water onto an empty plate larger than the rice paper, about 1 cm deep. Dip rice paper on each side, making sure it has fully submerged into the water. Quickly lay paper down flat on cutting board. Start with the greens - lettuce, mint, and basil, and lay them on the lower third of your rice paper. Then layer the red bell pepper, carrots, and cucumbers, followed by a handful of the vermicelli noodles. Keep a little space on each sides. Place 3 shrimp halves (outer side down) about a third down from the top. Start rolling paper from the bottom edge, folding up firmly. Fold in the sides as you would a burrito, tightly but carefully as not to tear the paper. Finish rolling upwards until you meet the top edge of paper. Cut rolls into thirds, and place them on your serving plate.
5. Combine all peanut sauce ingredients into a small mixing bowl and stir,?starting with 1 tbsp water. Increase as needed until sauce is creamy. Dip spring rolls and ENJOY!