Ebony Carrot Accordion Loaf
We are here to serve you the best bread ever! It's a slice of heaven. This Ebony Carrot Accordion Loaf is moist, soft, spongy, delicious and absolutely a show-stopper on your dinner table. We are here to keep your diet delicious and fun, using Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder to achieve this delightful purple hue. A good homemade loaf is always a good idea, it is nothing like a freshly baked slice of bread with butter on top. Let's dough this and bake the world a better place!
180 ml warm milk
4g instant yeast
375g bread flour
18g dry milk powder
1 large egg
56g softened butter
10g Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder dissolved in 1 tsp milk
Egg wash (1 egg + 1 tbsp milk)
1. Combine yeast, warm milk, and 5 g of the sugar in a small measuring cup or bowl. Stir and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. In a stand mixing bowl, pour in flour, salt, milk powder, egg, yeast mixture, and knead on med-low speed until dough comes together and no dry flour is visible. Add in remaining sugar. Incorporate all the butter. Knead on med-high for 8-10 mins, or until dough is smooth and releases from the sides of the bowl.
2. Split dough into two, adding 1/2 the dough with dissolved Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder back into stand mixing bowl. Knead until color is well combined. Cover both doughs in clean bowls, and let rise 1.5 hours or until they have doubled in size.
3. Punch and degas doughs. Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough into an oblong shape. Layer the two doughs with colored dough on the top. Perform a billfold meeting both sides in the center. Wrap dough in cling wrap and chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
4. Unwrap dough and roll out into a long even rectangle. Staring from one end, roll in dough to create a swirl, making sure colored dough is inside while regular dough is facing out. Using a sharp blade or razor, score the dough evenly across the top to create “accordion” effect. Lines should be approx 1/4 inch apart and 1/8 inch deep to reveal the colored dough.
5. Place in 450g pullman loaf pan, cover, and let proof for 45 mins. Preheat oven to 355° (180°C).
6. Brush egg wash and bake for 40-42 mins until loaf is golden brown. Release bread from pan after 10 minutes, then cool completely on wire rack. Slice, admire your bread, and enjoy!