Dipped Velvet Red Beet Fortune Cookies
The fortune you seek is in another cookie. Legend has it, after reading the fortune, you must not tell anyone then eat your fortune cookie and set the paper on fire to make it come true. Let's unfold your future with the prettiest fortune cookie you have ever laid your eyes on. Live life in pink with Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Powder, color your fortune this bright sweet bring for good luck! Bring some fun to your dinner table with crisp and sweet cookies, crack them up, and see your future unfold. Have fun and hope good fortune will find your way!
100g granulated sugar
63g all purpose flour
20g rice flour
2 egg whites
32g neutral oil
5g vanilla extract
283g (10oz) bag white chocolate
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Powder
1. Preheat oven to 340°F (170°C). Prep a baking sheet with silicone baking mat (recommended) or parchment paper. Create paper fortune cookie messages approx 2 cm x 7cm.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, sift in both flours, cornstarch, and salt. Add the sugar, mix, and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine egg whites, water, vanilla, and oil. Using a whisk, mix evenly until frothy and tiny bubbles remain on the surface.
4. In two batches, pour in wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk well until consistency is smooth and similar to condensed milk.
5. Using a tablespoon, spoon one scoop onto baking sheet. Using the back of a the spoon, smooth out until it’s an even circle approx 9 cm across. Repeat, then bake for 10-11 mins or until edges are golden. Baking two at a time in the beginning is recommended as they do harden quickly.
6. Once out of the oven, turn cookie over with a spatula. Using gloves, quickly place paper fortune in middle, and gently fold bottom end to meet the top similar to wrapping dumplings. Place middle of cookie on top a ramekin or glass lip and press down to create a fold. Transfer cookie into a muffin pan to help crease set while cookie hardens. Repeat with the next cookie. Once you can successfully fold two, use a second baking sheet and bake two batches in intervals. Once finished, turn off oven and place finished cookies back inside to help hardened the cookie centers.
7. Melt chocolate into small bowls and mix in Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Powder until you achieve desired colors. Dip cookies and finish with sprinkles or sanding sugars for decoration. Let chocolate set and ENJOY!