Cranberry Pomegranate Tart with Hibiscus Flower
S-tart-ing our week by feasting our eyes upon this mouthwatering masterpiece! We're loving this Cranberry Pomegranate Tart with Hibiscus Flowers from the bottom of our "tarts". Incorporated Suncore Foods® Fuchsia Hibiscus Supercolor Powder to bring out this tart's deep red hues and bright colors that have us mesmerized! Who wants a slice?!
Recipe and photo by our brand ambassador Mei Yee. Check out her Instagram @nm_meiyee for more magnificent recipes!
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup almond meal
2-3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
2 cups cranberries
1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 tsp Suncore Foods® Fuchsia Hibiscus Supercolor Powder
1 tsp agar agar powder
1. In a small bowl combine shortbread ingredients. Mix until the mixture starts to form a dough. If it doesn't seem to come together, add a teaspoon or two of coconut oil and process again. Wrap dough with plastic wrap and chill for 10 mins.
2. Preheat oven to 170c. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper. Roll dough out chilled dough onto a piece of parchment paper to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut out the dough using a cookie cutter. Bake for 12-15 mins until golden brown at the edges. Allow to cool completely.
3. To make the cream; Scrape out the thickened cream from the can coconut milk and leave the liquid behind. Melt chocolate with coconut milk until the chocolate is completely melted, stirring constantly. Cool to room temperature then refrigerate overnight.
4. Once the white chocolate ganache is chilled (it will be soft and not solid like regular chocolate ganache), use the whisk attachment and whip with an electric mixer on low speed and gradually working up to high speed until the ganache is light and fluffy. Add matcha powder and 1 tbsp of coconut milk then whip on low speed working your way up to medium-high speed until soft peaks form and the cream holds it's shape on the whisk.
5. Assemble – Place one piece of cookie on a serving platter Pipe even dollops of cream on top of the cookie. Top with the other cookie and pipe again with cream. Decorate with fresh berries & serve.