Colorful Pull-Apart Garlic Parsley Bread Loaf
Garlic lovers united! This wonderful Pull-Apart Garlic Parsley Bread Loaf is a mouth-watering treat bursting with delicious flavors Perfectly baked and colored with Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot, Red Beet, and Ruby Red Radish Powders, this loaf is sure to add a pop of color to any meal or day. It is also perfect for sharing and bake to impress all of your foodie friends. So why not bake some color to your next loaf with this delicious recipe today?
145g warm water
4g active dry yeast
88g melted dairy-free butter
310g bread flour
8g Suncore Foods® Ebony Carrot Powder
Garlic Parsley Butter:
6g fresh parsley
2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
110g dairy-free butter, softened at room temperature
Note: For a less buttery but still flavorful option, use 60 - 70g of butter with the same amount of parsley, garlic and salt. While spreading the butter, spread a thin coating.
Stand mixer with a dough hook attachment
9 x 4 x 4 inch bread pan
1. Prepare red dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water, sugar and yeast and set aside until the mixture is frothy. Mix in butter on low speed for 30 seconds. Mix in salt, bread flour and Suncore Foods® Powders on low speed (or at the mixer recommended speed for dough) until the dough comes together and is no longer sticking to the walls of the bowl. Remove dough and form a dough ball. Place the dough in a clean bowl, cover and set aside.
2. Prepare purple dough: Follow the same directions and prepare the second dough.
3. 1st Proof — From the time you cover the purple dough, proof both doughs for 60-90 minutes.
4. Garlic Parsley Butter — Coarsely chop or tear parsley and finely chop garlic cloves. Using a fork, mix all ingredients until well combined. The butter should be soft and smooth allowing you to easily spread it over the dough.
5. Roll Red Dough — Punch the air out of the red dough and re-knead it for a few seconds. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a large rectangle or square. Spread half of the garlic parsley butter over the dough, leaving ½ - 1” empty around the edges.
6. Roll Purple Dough — Punch the air out of the purple dough and re-knead it for a few seconds. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a large rectangle or square, approximately the same size as the red dough. Place the purple dough over the red dough and stretch the edges out so the dough is perfectly aligned with the red dough. Gently press down on the edges lightly pinching the doughs together. Spread the remaining garlic parsley butter over the dough, leaving ½ - 1” empty around the edges.
7. Cut Dough — Cut the dough into 8-10 rectangles or squares of approximately the same size (they don’t have to be exact).
8. Assemble Dough — Prepare bread pan and set aside. Stack 2-3 pieces of dough on top of each other forming a thicker rectangle or square. Place the entire stack on one end of the bread pan, with the flat side of the dough touching the end of the bread pan and the creases facing up and down. You should be able to see the alternate colors of the dough. Following the same method, place the remaining dough in the bread pan.
9. 2nd Proof — Cover the bread pan with a kitchen towel and set aside for 60 minutes.
10. Bake — Preheat oven to 3750 F. When ready to bake, reduce temperature to 3500 F and bake for 55 minutes. After 35 minutes, cover the bread pan with aluminum foil and continue to bake. Once ready, the top of the loaf should be golden-brown and should sound hollow when you tap on it.
11. Cool — Allow the loaf to cool in the bread pan for 15 minutes. Remove the loaf from the bread pan (the loaf should slide out when the bread pan is tilted) and allow it to cool to room temperature, on a wired rack, before serving.