Chocolate Espresso Shortbread Cookies with Pink Pitaya Vanilla Cream
Chocolate on the outside, pink on the inside, but yummy inside out. These Chocolate Espresso Shortbread Cookies with Pink Pitaya Vanilla Cream are the perfect, bite-sized sweet treats that you've been needing all week! Made with Pink Pitaya Supercolor Powder + Suncore Foods® Rose Salt to create these delights.Take one bite and you will fall in love!
Recipe and photo by our brand ambassador Mei Yee. Check out her Instagram @nm_meiyee for more magnificent recipes!
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp instant espresso powder
1/4 Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
80g dairy free butter
1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
75g dairy free butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Pink Pitaya Supercolor Powder (dissolved in 1 tsp water)
1-2 tbsp coconut milk
1. Preheat your oven to 175c, In a food processor combine the cookie ingredients and pulse to combined.
2. Roll out the dough. Use a circle cookie cutter, cut out the cookies until you’ve used all the dough. Lay cookies on prepared baking sheets and bake for approximately 15 minutes. Let cool completely before assembling.
3. To make the filling – Place butter in the stand mixer bowl with the paddle attachment. Whip on medium to high speed for about 2 mins.
4. Stop mixer and add the sifted powdered sugar, salt, vanilla bean extract and pink pitaya. Mix on low speed until incorporated, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and then mix on high speed until smooth. (Add more powdered sugar if the cream is too thin or another tablespoon of coconut milk if frosting is too thick).
5. Pipe the cream filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Enjoy!