Blue Butterfly Pea Steamed Pandan Layer Cake
Even these cakes can wear colorful stripes! These Blue Butterfly Pea Layer Cakes are steamed to perfection, making them soft and springy! Added Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea & Emerald Pandan Leaf Powders to create these gorgeous baby blue layers and blue sky vibes. These layers are so mesmerizing!
1 1/2 cups water
2 1/2 cups coconut milk
3 pandan leaves, knotted
1 1/2 Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Powder
3/4 cup sugar of choice
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups tapioca flour
3/4 cup rice flour
3/4 cup regular flour
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Butterfly Pea Powder dissolved in 2 tsp water
1. In a large pot combine water, coconut milk, sugar, salt, pandan leaves, and Suncore Foods® Emerald Pandan Leaf Powder together till sugar dissolved. Turn off heat, allow mixture to cool completely.
2. In a mixing bowl mix together tapioca flour, rice flour and regular flour. Set aside.
3. Discard pandan leaves from the coconut milk mixture. Gradually add coconut mixture into the dry mixture with a hand whisk. Whisk until smooth and combine. Then strain mixture through a sieve.
4. Divide mixture in two equal portions, add dissolved Suncore Foods® Butterfly Pea Powder into one portion, keeping one portion white.
5. Line a cake pan with parchment paper then place it in the steamer.
6. Use same size measuring cups to spoon the mixtures (to get the even layers).
7. Start with blue color, then white and blue. Pour 1/2 cup (depending on the pan you use) blue batter into the pan. Steam for 5 minutes. Then pour in white layer and steam for 5 minutes. Repeat this sequence until you get 9 layers. Lastly, steam for 15 minutes. Let it cool for at least 4 hours before slicing. Use an oiled knife to slice cake and enjoy!