Baked Yam Pumpkin Chocolate Marble Cake
Now that our bellies have rested from last night's meal, let's nom on something quick and easy! Can't decide between pumpkin cake or a chocolate cake? Why don't we have both cakes in one? This decadent and delicious baked yam pumpkin chocolate marble cake is your perfect match. Pumpkin cake brings a moist texture heavenly mixed with chocolate's richness, and a hint of orange that will have you craving for more. Don't forget the secret to perfecting your cake: our Suncore Foods® Autumnal Bake Sweet Potato Yam & Red Beet Powders. It's a batch made in heaven! Great for breakfast or a snack to fuel your day!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup pumpkin purée
1 cup olive oil
4 large eggs (room temperature)
2 cups brown sugar (packed)
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam Powder
1/4 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp espresso powder
2 cups pumpkin batter
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp tangerine/orange zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Line and butter a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Dump all of the ingredients for the pumpkin batter into a large mixing bowl and beat well using a hand mixer.
4. Mix 2 cups of the pumpkin batter and add the cocoa powder and espresso powder.
5. Spoon both batters alternatively into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes until done or when a toothpick comes out clean from the cake.
6. Prepare the icing by whisking together the ingredients. Then spoon the icing over the loaf and enjoy!