Autumnal Baked Yam Vegetable Fried Dumplings
Delicious crispy fingerlicious fried dumplings are a satisfying favorite. There are no specific rules regarding the but we love lots & lots of vegetables and these are extra special Jam-packed with Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Yam Supercolor Powder and chopped seasonal vegetables then fried them in baked yam batter to a golden brown crisp. After this, you'll never want take-out dumplings every again. Promise!
Makes 30 dumplings
Dough for Wrappers:
2 cups all purpose flour
¾ cup warm water, plus 1-2 tsp more if needed
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Yam Sweet Potato Supercolor Powder
¾ tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
Baked yam puree (makes 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Yam Sweet Potato Supercolor Powder
1/2 cup hot water
Tofu and Veggies:
300g extra firm tofu
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 small carrot, finely grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, diced
1/2 tbsp soy sauce, or to taste
Pinch of Suncore Foods® Rose Salt, or to taste
1 tbsp curry powder, or more if you’d like
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 cup baked yam puree
1 tbsp cornstarch
1. Heat a pan. Add in 2 tbsp sesame oil. Saute the garlic until aromatic. Add in the minced cabbage, carrot, chives, and mushrooms. Once the vegetables are tender, mix in the pumpkin or other starchy vegetable. Add in the soy sauce, curry powder, and salt to taste. Mix well and adjust the seasonings depending on your desired taste.
2. Place the filling in a bowl. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
3. Heat a pan over high heat with oil enough to submerge the dumplings. The dumplings should rapidly sizzle when placed in the hot oil. Make sure they are evenly spaced and do not stick to one another.
4. Fry until golden brown and crisp, flipping over to evenly brown on both sides.
5. Drain the dumplings from the oil then turn off the heat. Place the dumplings on a strainer and leave to cool for a few minutes before enjoying! Do not cover the dumpling since they can get soft.
6. Enjoy while hot with your favourite sweet chili sauce!