Red Beet Glazed Flower Pong de Ring Donuts
It's a love at first bite, fun and festive anytime treat perfect to start the new week! Gorgeously soft, airy, bouncy & chewy Japanese donuts, Pon de Ring Donuts (ポンデリング) glazed with a vibrant pink-tinted hue using Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder. You're guaranteed happiness after just one bite! This, right here, is a dazzling treat to make at home. Enjoy!
2/3 cup (100g) rice flour
2/3 cup (110g) cake flour
1 tbsp (10g) potato starch
1 tsp (5g) baking powder
1/2 cup (50g) powdered sugar
100g silken Tofu
1 medium egg
4 tsp (20g) water
1 cup (100g) powdered sugar
4 tbsp water (more if necessary)
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
1. Sift all the flour, baking soda and powder sugar in a large bowl.
2. Press silken tofu through a sieve into a separate bowl, add egg and water and then mix well.
3. Transfer the tofu mixture to the flour bowl. Gently fold using a spatula until it becomes a rough dough. Then use your hand to knead until it becomes smooth.
4. Use a digital kitchen scale, weigh the dough balls. 5g each for the Pon De Ring shape or 10g each for a 6 petal flower shapes.
5. Roll the ball between your hands and transfer each ball to a 5x5 in parchment paper. Each balls should be just touching.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan to 320-350°F. Place a donut dough with the parchment paper on the on a skimmer and slide the dough into the oil with the parchment paper underneath.
7. Fry the donut 1 minute and flip over. Fry until they become golden on both sides.
8. Scoop up the donut and drain well. Then transfer onto a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
9. Then make the glaze. Add all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to mix well.
10. Dip each donut into the glaze and place it on a rack.